Wednesday 23 June 2010

THE BATTLE OF COLOGNE - 1962




Here's a detailed account of the (in)famous "Battle Of Cologne" which took place in September 1962 between FC Cologne and Dundee FC.
Although it's chocolate coloured, once you click onto the images to get the large versions, you can read it clearly enough when you zoom in.
It was quite a nasty match but there are some amusing moments in it too.
The article comes from an early 70's weekly magazine called "Book of Football" which built up into a multi volumed encyclopedia.

2 comments:

Fintry Jack said...

Could you not get the photo in question? I would have liked to see the cause of the controversy

RETRO DUNDEE said...

Funnily enough, I've never seen the actual photo either. It doesn't crop up in any books I have. So unless DC Thomson have it in their vaults, I've no idea where I could get a copy.