Monday 1 December 2008

FREE TRANSFERS IN THE 60'S

I'm not referring to the "transfer window" here, I'm talking about kids transfers. In the 60's when I was a school kid, we used to get transfers "free" in comics and from the rag man who used to drive his van around Dundee's housing schemes for jumble. There were usually about 10 transfers on one sheet of paper, and what you did was, cut around one of the images, wet your arm or back of hand (usually by licking), place the transfer onto the wet patch, hold into position for about a minute then peel off the back paper leaving the image on your body like a tattoo. Good fun, although they always flaked away after a few hours.
The transfer above is an original unused one from the 60's which was too precious for me to waste my saliva on!

No comments: